Monday, May 19, 2008

The Triumphant Trudge

.
"They shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

There is action to this thing called Faith. It is not a stationary proposal; there is movement; a constant ebb and flow of ups and downs, ins and outs, advances and setbacks, break-throughs and break-ups. Certainly, there is never a dull moment, even when the lull of a laborious trek carries us through the unattended miles of unsung service.

An underground river is a river nonetheless. And though men will never admire its passage, nor fish its depths, nor tour its many channels, it still supplies untold life to many unnoticed outlets.


For many of us -- this is the normal Christian life. None on earth will fully know all the ways the Lord blessed and used us for His glory. But on that day, the unseen river will surely burst forth into a heavenly geyser -- showing forth the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord.

We are not weary in well-doing, nor do we faint when the trudge seems endless. Rather, we gird our loins, bestir our souls, and press onward, and ever upward; knowing that it will be worth it all when we see Jesus.

Did I triumph in this trudge? Did I stand, or did I budge? Before the tempter did I fudge? Do my garments bear a smudge?Did I stumble? More than once. Did I bumble? Like a dunce. Did I fumble? Like a klutz. Was I humble? Perhaps, I was.

Did I give up? Not an inch. Was I faithful? In a pinch. Did I trust Him? Every day. Did I follow? Come what may. Am I worthy? Not at all. He alone will make that call. I just know that, for my part, I gave Him all, with all my heart. I soared like eagle at the start, and ran with zeal in every part.

Was I sinner? Was I saint? No. I simply walked, and did not faint.

.

No comments: