Monday, October 27, 2008

A Life With No Regrets

.
"But I have no regrets." (2 Timothy 1:12, The Message).

While we may not have all the answers to Life's many unsolved mysteries, we nevertheless have no regrets about where we have placed our Faith -- in Jesus Christ -- nor about the life which that Faith has emboldened us to live in this disturbed world.

What a wonderful thing to be able to say at the end of your days -- "I have no regrets."

Paul is standing in chains before Caesar, about to be condemned to death for preaching the Gospel. His confession was unwavering: "Jesus Christ is Lord." This singular sentence spoken in boldness, love, and sensibility so enraged the High Court of Rome that Paul was summarily dismissed and sent to await his execution.

While in his cell, Paul writes one last letter -- to his young champion, Timothy. And he says, "It is for the cause of the Gospel I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (2 Timothy 1:12,KJV).

Inspired by this scripture, an old Gospel hymn says, "I know not why God's wondrous grace to me He hath made known; nor why, unworthy, Christ in love redeemed me for His own. I know not how this saving faith to me He did impart; nor how believing in His word wrought peace within my heart. I know not how the Spirit moves, convincing men of sin; revealing Jesus through the Word, creating faith in Him. I know not when my Lord may come, at night or noonday fair; nor if I'll walk the vale with Him, or meet Him in the air.....

"But I know whom I have believed in, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day!"

That's a life with no regrets!

.

No comments: