Sunday, December 07, 2008

I'd Rather Have Jesus

.
"As for me....I shall be fully satisfied, when I awake to find myself beholding Your form and having sweet communion with You." (Psalm 17:15, Amplified Bible).

What is it that you want -- that you really, really want? What is it that, by having it, your life will be filled with joy and deep satisfaction?

We all want something -- something that will satisfy us to the depths of our being. And the world displays its many fares for us to consider. For some it is money. "Yea, gimme money; that's what I want; and if I have it I will be happy." Others want power, or sex, or knowledge, or whatever.

As for me? All I really, really want is to walk in unbroken friendship with Jesus; to hear His voice, to see Him at work, to join with Him in what He is doing, and to rejoice at His side.

"I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold; I’d rather be His than have riches untold; I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands; I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand...

"I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause; I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause; I’d rather have Jesus than worldwide fame; I’d rather be true to His holy name...

"Than to be the king of a vast domain, and be held in sin’s dread sway; I’d rather have Jesus than anything this world affords today." (Rhea F. Miller, 1922)

How about you? What is it that you really, really want?

.

No comments: