Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Power of Partnership (Part 3)

.
“Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor.” (Ecclesiastes 4:9).

Partnership. It is often the single most determining factor in the difference between success and failure.

The apostle Paul’s happiest memories were of the Philippians, and his most joyful letter was written to them. They, more than any other Church, continually displayed the self-sacrificial generosity of Christ by freely partnering with Paul in his ministry.

“When I pray for you,” Paul wrote, “my heart is full of joy because of all your wonderful help in making known the Good News about Christ.” (Phil.1:3-4, NLT)

He continues by saying, “As you well know, when I first brought the Gospel to you and then went on my way, leaving Macedonia, only you Philippians became my partners in giving and receiving. No other church did this.” (ch.4:15)

And then Paul concludes, “I don't say this because I want a gift from you. What I want is for you to receive a well-earned reward because of your kindness and generosity.” (ch.4:17). One translation puts it, “it is not that I want to receive gifts from you, but I want you to have the good that comes from giving.”

The old King James call it “the fruit that abounds to your account” on the day the Lord returns!

May God give you the wonderful experience of being part of a team; using your unique talents and abilities in concert with others so that together you can accomplish what neither of you could do by yourselves alone.

.

No comments: