Friday, February 06, 2009

MEEKNESS is Love Yielding

.
"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness...." (Galatians 5:22).

Whether you drink beer or not, you cannot dispute the sheer beauty of the Budweiser Clydesdales harnessed and working together as a team. I reference this because it is perhaps the best contemporary example of what the word meekness truly means.

Meekness is strength which has been harnessed so that it might be guided to a higher and nobler purpose. Meekness is the opposite to self-assertiveness and self-interest; it is equanimity of spirit that is neither elated nor cast down, simply because it is not occupied with self at all.


The Lord says to us, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Mat 11:28-30).

Meekness is Love yielding to the will of God, and becoming harnessed in the yoke of humility.

Humility is the God-given self-assurance that eliminates the need to prove to others the worth of who we are, and the rightness of what we do. It is the freedom that comes from agreeing with God, and doing what He bids us to do.


This is the next step in the path to power in perilous times -- and it is but one step away from the prize.

You've come this far -- you may as well go ahead and take the final step. You will be glad you did so.

I'll tell you that step tomorrow.

.

No comments: