Friday, June 19, 2009

Experiencing God’s Presence (Part 3)

.
“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen!” (2 Corinthians 13:14).

The Message calls it, “Amazing Grace. Extravagant Love. Intimate Friendship.”

Practically speaking, and I know this firsthand from years of personal experience, you can enter into the fullness of this by 1) spending time in the Bible, 2) spending time hanging around real Christians, and 3) spending time in a place called Prayer.

Let me explain each one a bit more fully.

First, start spending quality time reading the Bible and thinking about the things you discover therein. It will not take very long before you are encountered by the undeniable, unmistakable, unforgettable Presence of the Lord.


And as you read more and more, you will discover deeper and deeper insights into the Amazing Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

God will show you the many ways He has blessed you with extraordinary gifts and abilities provided through Jesus, as well as the power to do His will. You will experience His empowering Presence, helping you to be the person He has created you to be and leading you to do the things He has called you to do.

Your confession will be the same as the apostle Paul’s – “I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength!” It is true!

Paul elsewhere said it this way, “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me” (1Co. 15:10).

The more time you spend delving into the riches of the Word, the more the WORD will come to life I you. You will find yourself living in the “amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.” Perhaps the better way to say it is. “You will find the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ living in you, and expressing itself through you to others.”


That’s Step One. Tune in for Step Two tomorrow….
.

No comments: