Thursday, July 02, 2009

No One Ever Cared for Me Like Jesus

.
“In everything we do we show that we are God's servants by patiently enduring troubles, hardships, and difficulties.” (2 Corinthians 6:4, Good News Bible).

Most men and women of faith seem impervious to life’s troubles. Their positive outlook on life and their upbeat temperament in all situations make it appear that all is well, all the time.


But there are tears oft unseen in the lonely moments; heartbreaks aplenty for those who walk the higher road. There are times when foes can do no greater harm, and friends cannot console. That’s when Jesus is at His best!

Perhaps you are facing some desperate moment in your life even now; feeling forsaken by all -- even God. Maybe the words to this old familiar hymn will prove as hopeful for you as they have for me in those dark corners of apparent hopelessness.

The song, No One Ever Cared for Me Like Jesus, was written by Charles F. Weigle after a long bout with depression and despair.


He had returned home from an evangelistic crusade to find a note left by his wife, stating she no longer loved him and wanted nothing to do with following Jesus. The initial blow of this drove Weigle to such despair, he contemplated suicide. But, as the words of his beloved song testify, the Lord Jesus stepped in and made all the difference in his darkest hour.

I know that He will do the same for you!

“I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus,

Since I found in Him a friend so strong and true.
I would tell you how He changed my life completely;
He did something no other friend could do.

“No one ever cared for me like Jesus;

There's no other friend so kind as He.
No one else could take the sin And darkness from me;
O how much He cared for me.

“All my life was full of sin when Jesus found me;

All my heart was full of misery and woe,
Jesus placed His strong arms about me
And He led me in the way I ought to go.

“Ev'ry day He comes to me with new assurance;

More and more I understand His word of love.
But I'll never know just why He came to save me,
Till someday I see His blessed face above.”
.

No comments: