Sunday, September 06, 2009

A Child of the King

.
"If you run short of money for the construction of the Temple or for any similar needs, you may requisition funds from the royal treasury" (Ezra 7:20, Living Bible).

An old familiar song goes, "My Father is rich in houses and lands; He holdeth the wealth of the world in His hands. Of rubies and diamonds, of silver and gold; His treasury is full, He has riches untold. I'm a child of the King, a child of the King; with Jesus my Savior -- I'm a child of the King!"

There is a Royal Treasury, greater by far than any earthly kingdom affords, open for all God's children. "Come boldly to the throne of grace," He tells us, "that you may obtain mercy and find grace to help you in your time of need"(Hebrews 4:16). Even Paul the Apostle reassures us that "God will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory, by Christ Jesus!" (Philippians 4:19)

And remember the renown Psalm of David? "The Lord is my Shepherd," he writes, "I shall not want." A few verses later he says, "You prepare a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup runneth over."(Psalm 23)

And then there is this great Scripture, one of my all time favorite -- "God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all time having all that you need, you will abound to every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:8).

Sure, we live in a time when money is tight and stress is high. But this has no effect upon God's economy. He is not wringing His hands in Heaven. There are no shortages in His Kingdom, no corruption in His courts, nor bankruptcy in His economy.


Have you asked Him to meet your needs? You should, you know. Moreover, you may! You have His permission; He is waiting to hear from you! Indeed, as the Bible says, you may requisition funds from the Royal Treasury -- for you are a child of the King.
.

No comments: