Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Night-and-Day Difference

.
"Tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you-- from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted." (1 Peter 2:9,10, The Message).

Jesus doesn't merely clean us up, dust us off, and patch up a few dings here and there -- He performs a total overhaul. His grace transformation of our lives is not cosmetic -- it's cosmic!

"I once was blind but now I see."

That's the kind of testimony people have after Jesus gets hold of them. He takes us from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted. He calls us to a position way above our pay-grade and introduces us to the high calling of telling others of the night-and-day difference Jesus makes in our lives -- and in theirs.

So, if you are ready for a change -- call upon the name of Jesus.

Perhaps the words of this old hymn may sum up the deepest longings of your heart today...

Out of my bondage, sorrow, and night,
into Thy freedom, gladness, and light,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of my sickness into Thy health,
Out of my want and into Thy wealth,
Out of my sin and into Thyself,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of my shameful failure and loss,
Into the glorious gain of Thy cross,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of earth’s sorrows into Thy balm,
Out of life’s storms and into Thy calm,
Out of distress to jubilant psalm,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of unrest and arrogant pride,
into Thy blessed will to abide,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of myself to dwell in Thy love,
Out of despair into raptures above,
Upward for aye on wings like a dove,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Make that call, my friend -- and He will make a night-and-day difference in your life!
.

No comments: