"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." (Romans 1:22).
"OK, Class, welcome back," says God. "No need to dilly-dally around with superficial chit-chat; let's get right to it. I have some more questions for you, and I want straight answers."
- "Do you know where Light comes from and where Darkness lives so you can take them by the hand and lead them home when they get lost? Why, of course you know that. You've known them all your life, grown up in the same neighborhood with them!
- "Have you ever traveled to where snow is made, seen the vault where hail is stockpiled, The arsenals of hail and snow that I keep in readiness for times of trouble and battle and war?
- Can you find your way to where lightning is launched, or to the place from which the wind blows?
- Who do you suppose carves canyons for the downpours of rain, and charts the route of thunderstorms that bring water to unvisited fields, deserts no one ever lays eyes on, drenching the useless wastelands so they're carpeted with wildflowers and grass? And who do you think is the father of rain and dew, the mother of ice and frost? You don't for a minute imagine these marvels of weather just happen, do you?
- "Can you catch the eye of the beautiful Pleiades sisters, or distract Orion from his hunt? Can you get Venus to look your way, or get the Great Bear and her cubs to come out and play? Do you know the first thing about the sky's constellations and how they affect things on Earth?
- Can you teach the lioness to stalk her prey and satisfy the appetite of her cubs as they crouch in their den, waiting hungrily in their cave?
- And who sets out food for the ravens when their young cry to God, fluttering about because they have no food?
OK, I can see your a bit overloaded. But there are still a lot more questions God is asking. So, I guess we'll give you a brief mental break, and then hammer you a little more tomorrow!
Have a great day!!PS - if you want a jump on the test, go read Job, chapters 38 through 42.