Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Truth About Hearing from God

.
“Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” (John 18:37).

It has proven true in my experience that “everyone who is of God” hears His Voice. This is the great distinction of Christian Faith. As we learned yesterday, Jesus said, “My sheep will hear my voice.”


The truth is that Hearing from God is the singular experience of every believer. “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live” (John 5:25).

Just as Jesus called Lazarus by name and raised him from the dead – He does the same with each of us today.


I, like you, serve a risen Savior; He’s in the world today. I know that He is living, whatever men may say. I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer. And just the time I need Him – He’s always near! He lives! He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way!” (Alfred H. Ackley)


The undeniable teaching of Scripture is that every follower of Jesus will hear God’s voice. This is the specific ministry of the Holy Spirit; it is why He has come during this time of waiting for Christ's Return.


And tomorrow we will take a closer look at how the Holy Spirit helps us to hear God's voice every day.
.

No comments: