Friday, September 18, 2009

Let Go, and Let God

.
“Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time” (1Peter 1:5, KJV).

I am no Daniel -- not by a long shot. Still, I have been many times kept by the power of God in the midst of the lion's den. I have been hidden in His hand and protected from those who would seek my ruin; made invisible to those who looked for ways to harm me. I can in some measure say with Paul, “Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me....and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion” (2Ti 4:17).

I have been kept by the power of God. And I am not alone.


There are many in this world who can humbly and boldly declare the same. Just give a thoughtful review of your own life and you will find many examples where, if it were not for the unseen hand of God intervening and protecting you, you would not be who you are today. You might not even be here at all.

The keeping power of God is a theme that filled the hearts and minds of our elders in years past, and was the theme of many a song.

“Be not dismayed whate'er betide, God will take care of you; beneath His wings of love abide, God will take care of you. God will take care of you, through every day, o'er all the way; God will take care of you! Through days of toil when heart doth fail; when dangers fierce your path assail -- God will take care of you. All you may need he will provide; nothing you ask will be denied -- God will take care of you. No matter what may be the test, lean, weary one, upon his breast -- God will take care of you. (Civilla Martin, 1904)


Thus Peter tells us in the simplest and most direct manner, “Cast all your care upon Him, for He cares for you”(1 Pe.5:7). In other words -- let go, and let God.

Whatever else may fill your thoughts today let this one thing rise above them all -- You are being kept by the power of God through faith unto that Day when your salvation will be fully revealed!
.

No comments: